My name is Paul Stoecklein, and I live in the mountains in Southern California (yes, we have mountains here) with my wife Jodi, our two beagles, five chickens, and my mother-in-law’s cat, which is supposed to be temporary but looking more and more each day like we officially now have a cat.
- There is nothing better than a warm dog sleeping in your lap.
- If I could have a do-over in life, I would be more kind and brave. Especially kind. Nobody has ever regretted being kind. I just don’t seem to be very good at either. But I try. Every day.
- Nobody ever got to the end of their life and said, “I wish I had worked more hours..”
- Macaroni and cheese is what I was meant to eat. And chocolate cream pie. And more macaroni and cheese.
- Lake Como in Italy is the most beautiful place I’ve ever been.
- Reading is really a great thing.
- You shouldn’t yell at your dog. Train it. Dogs are just fur covered in love waiting for you to love them back. (I don’t know about cats. I think they just go out into the alley and smoke cigarettes.)
- There are two things you have to push to cast from your computer to the TV. I can show this to Jodi a million times and she will never get it.
- There are rules about where everything goes in the kitchen. Jodi can show this to me a million times and I will never get it.
- The only person that you have a 100% chance of changing is yourself. Start with that. It’s hard though.